[lbo-talk] Heiner Mueller Saw It Coming...

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 18:40:28 PDT 2010

[WS:] It would not surprise me if he were the fifth column - a closet Repug sympathizer trying to throw in a monkey wrench.

Regarding the issue itself - it is really a non-issue. Merkel is obviously pandering to popular sentiments (just check public opinions on multiculturalism on BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/haveyoursay/2010/10/does_multiculturalism_work.html - just as US politicians are pandering to anti-immigrant sentiments here - but then doing nothing to stop the influx of cheap labor that benefits employers. It is nothing new.

Wojtek