[lbo-talk] New France shutdown on sixth day of pension protests

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Oct 19 07:06:06 PDT 2010

On Oct 19, 2010, at 9:34 AM, Wojtek S wrote:

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11570828
>
> [WS:] Particularly remarkable is 71% public support of strikes, even
> though they disrupt everyday lives of most people. It will never
> happen here.
>
> However, I wonder what will happen if the strikes fail to stop the
> pension "reform." I will likely to embolden capitalists elsewhere to
> further dismantle the hard fought for social safety net.

They can't stop a mechanical "Presidential" majority from enacting it, but they sure make it hard as hell for the left parties to renege on their commitment to repeal it after the 2012 elections kick Sarkozy out on his ass!

Shane Mage

The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.

Joe Stack (1956-2010)