[lbo-talk] South African Communist Party Attacks Road Blockades as 'anarchist and reactionary'

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Tue Oct 19 13:59:46 PDT 2010

On 2010/10/19 09:13 AM, Eric Beck wrote:
> South African Communist Party Attacks Road Blockades as 'anarchist and
> reactionary'

Although this kind of frontal attack from an SACP branch is new, the overall divide between the independent left and the SACP has been wide for a very long time. In fact there are thousands of protests in SA each year, many of which entail road blockades and even more militant tactics. (At the center I work at in Durban, we provide a press review here: http://ccs.ukzn.ac.za/default.asp?2,27,3,1858 and here's a recent overview of the phenomenon: http://www.monthlyreview.org/100601bond.php ).