[lbo-talk] Friends and enemies

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Oct 19 21:57:51 PDT 2010

California has a three tier system for post-secondary education.

--There are the University of California campuses: UC berkeley, UCLA, UC San Diego, etc. (4 years & graduate programs) Tuition is about 10K a year. --There are the state colleges: San Francisco State Univeristy, Hayward State University, San Luis Obispo State U. etc, (4 years and some graduate programs) Tuition is about 5K a year. --There are the city colleges: Merrit City college, Chabot college, etc. (2 years, feeding into the higher tiers.) Tuition is under 1K/year.

Joanna

-------------------------------- Chuck was distinguishing between the CA universities and the state and city
> colleges.

Not to be obtuse, but I still don't quite follow. By "state and city colleges," you mean public institutions outside the UC system? (I realize the distinction you're drawing might be obvious to Californians, but it isn't to me!)