[lbo-talk] me against the right

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 20 09:11:50 PDT 2010

http://lbo-news.com/2010/10/20/me-against-the-right/

Me against the right I debate right-wing money manager and former Senate candidate Peter Schiff on The Real News Network: Schiff Vs. Henwood on Economic Crisis. Topics covered include the StimPak, Schiff’s intolerable tax burden (which makes it impossible for him to buy a submarine!), the intolerable restrictions on Wall Street (which evidently make it impossible for them to do business), the wisdom of neoliberal economic policy (to Schiff, Reagan was a wimp), etc.

Interesting factoid: Schiff is the son of notorious tax protester Irwin Schiff, who’s doing 13 years in federal prison for repeated tax evasion and the persistent and prominent counseling of others not to pay. As much as I dislike the bourgeois state, this seems a fruitless way to voice your objections.

[links in original]