[lbo-talk] Friends and enemies

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 20 10:24:06 PDT 2010

At 08:54 PM 10/19/2010, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

>He is remembering the golden age of UCB, when indeed there were
>fabulous professors, people who thought for themselves, and some who
>were radicalized by the great upheavals of the sixties. That is all gone now.

It's not *all* gone. We've been talking for a week or two, ever since Chuck saw Harvey lecture, about good things happening at UCB.

>Really. I get newsletters from the English dept at UCB that make me
>want to throw up.

I don't doubt that, but I'm usually left confused when people talk about radicalism in English departments because their influence seemed to me to be more a conservatizing canon creating one than otherwise. .