[lbo-talk] me against the right

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 20 15:10:48 PDT 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 3:29 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Along those lines, most people don't remember when their taxes go
> down.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/us/politics/19taxes.html
>
> After further prodding - including a reminder that a provision of
> the stimulus bill had cut taxes for 95 percent of working families
> by changing withholding rates - Mr. Paratore's memory was jogged.
>
> "You're right, you're right," he said. "I'll be honest with you: it
> was so subtle that personally, I didn't notice it."

No, you're *not* right, you're dead wrong. Changing withholding rates has no effect on taxes--it just means that on April 15 you get less of a refund or pay more tax. Your annual tax bill is absolutely unchanged. Like everything from Obama, a barefaced lie.

Shane Mage

The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.

Joe Stack (1956-2010)