[lbo-talk] Moe Tucker elaborates

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 22 06:18:11 PDT 2010

<http://www.theawl.com/slug/things-people-say>

THINGS PEOPLE SAY

"I disagree with spending / borrowing / printing — damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead! I disagree with the 'we won' attitude, which is the cowardly way of saying fuck you. I disagree with an administration that for twenty months blames Bush. If the president and his minions are so damn smart, why didn't they know the severity of the situation? The president has actually said (and I saw it on video) that they didn't know!… I have voted Democrat all my life, until I started listening to what Obama was promising and started wondering how the hell will this utopian dream land be paid for? For those who actually believe that their taxes won't go up in order to pay for all this insanity: good luck."

—Man, former Velvet Underground drummer Moe Tucker is NOT A FAN of the president. @4:12 pm