[lbo-talk] Blixa Bargeld Reads Hornbach

joel schalit jschalit at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 11:46:09 PDT 2010

I completely agree. "Selling out" is such an ideologically limited, aristocratic term. It was a good thing one could find Dead Kennedys and Nurse With Wound records at Tower in '89, not a bad one.

A lot of punk criticisms of this sort of thing are predicated on the idea that labels pay their artists, honor publishing agreements, sell records, etc. Oftentimes opportunities like this are the only way to earn.

I can't speak for more financially successful artists like Lydon, etc, but I've been surprised by how many older, more established artists don't receive royalties for still in-demand, thirty plus year old records.

Its easy to understand why so many end up taking up such opportunities.

Joel