[lbo-talk] the French at their best

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 12:24:31 PDT 2010

DH:

>I love seeing the high school kids out defending pensions. Some excellent pix from the French demos

John:

Political sympathies aside, those are some fucking awesome photos. That's very difficult to pull off in an image-saturated world. It doesn't hurt that some of the militant young women are exceptionally good-looking. Which brings me back to the political sympathies I disavowed at the start of this little tour.

(Also, can you imagine dudes with big bushy beards, or dudes wearing shell suits, or dudes for whom a kaffiyeh is something other than a radical chic fashion accessory, ON STRIKE in the US? Ah, amend that... can you imagine anyone on strike in the US?)