[lbo-talk] Blixa Bargeld Reads Hornbach

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 12:58:50 PDT 2010

>Wikipedia says (Lydon's) money has mostly come from "property development"

"Let's lynch the landlord, let's lynch the landlord, let's lynch the landlord, man!"

For the longest time Lydon's leading charm has been his willful hypocrisy, which he semi-pretentiously and semi-transparently dresses up as eccentricity. The latter trait is charming too. I'll take his shtick over Jello Biafra's adolescent shrillness any day of the week, I'll confess. Back in the day Lydon and Keith Levene (yes?) interviewed on Tom Snyder's show were priceless. And PiL playing "Careering" on the Old Grey Whistle Test -- what a hypnotic performance.