[lbo-talk] Thought for the day...

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 04:46:51 PDT 2010

Somehow, relative to Miles' celebration of salt and fat, I have a feeling that J was obviously, if implicitly, not only referring to salt, sugar and fat and the boatload of other chemicals and nasty things in junk food but also to the sheer volume of those things consumed and consumed in place of more complex carbohydrates, proteins, vegetables, etc. Because, adding another somehow, I'd be surprised if Miles has is advocating that we add a two tablespoons of salt to every meal and wash each of them down with a pint of canola, tropical or almond oil - or maybe beef or bacon renderings (and, yes, I remember how much love of bacon there is here'bouts). Furthermore, were I to be as pedantic as our friend from Portland, I could note that what he probably means by sugar is refined cane or beet sugar rather than fructose-rich fruits or lactose-rich dairy and that sugars themselves are necessary to a healthy diet too. Me, I'm going to do my best not to live on a diet of Doritos and soggy french fries, despite all that good salt and fat in 'em.