[lbo-talk] has the TP peaked

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 08:53:23 PDT 2010

CB:"What are Lind's examples of actual historical examples of the "former" - third parties that have transformed the existing party system ? I assume he doesn't include Bolsheviks , Fidelistas, etc."

[WS:] C'mon, be serious. He was talking about the United States. The hell will sooner freeze over than a third party will have any political impact other than being a spoiler by siphoning out votes. The system is fixed and nothing short of a revolution or outright disintegration of the US will change it. Since neither of these is likely to happen in our life time, the only real options are to either stop paying attention to the electoral circus, since it does not matter anyway, or become an expat. I have EU citizenship and a place to stay there, so the latter is a real option for me.

Wojtek