[lbo-talk] "If you want real change, vote Green"

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 28 10:32:59 PDT 2010

<http://www.greenchange.org/article.php?id=6165>

After running for Congress as a Green in 2002 I left the party because it seemed to me that they were trying too hard to be a political party "just like the Democrats or Republicans," as one local Green put it. They did not e.g. seem sufficiently concerned - or sufficiently analytical - about America's Long War in the Mideast to control world energy resources. But the above is an excellent statement - exactly what needs to be said after the co-option of the anti-war movement by the Democrats and Obama. --CGE