[lbo-talk] has the TP peaked

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Oct 28 10:58:52 PDT 2010

Nixon's Justice Department had a far clearer and deeper understanding of wht the Panthers represented than have any of the crackpot realists on the left who have been slandering the Panthers almost from the first appearance of the Party - the hundred year dream of leftists and the nightmare of u.s. capitalism: A united Black, white, and Latino left! It was not merely Fred Hampton's own whim that he co-led an anti-war demo in Madison two weeks before he was murdered, that he spoke withany white group that invited him to speak, that the Panthers were always ready to cooperate with white leftists, it was a manifestation of the Party's very essence! And in the last years of their existence the Panthers were also guiding the Young Lords in a similar direction.

An understanding of what the Panthers represented, of what they tried to implement (regardless of errors) is fundamental to understanding of the '60s. Those who sneer at the Panters are as incapable of understanding the United States as I am of understanding Etruscan religion.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Dennis Claxton Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2010 12:33 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org; lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Black Panther Coloring Book

At 05:51 PM 10/27/2010, Wojtek S wrote:

>It seems that the Panther trick that you describe is even less
>effective than terror "sting" operations because it does not produce
>any visible results,

Unless you count utter destruction of the Black Panthers. COINTELPRO was very effective.