[lbo-talk] Black Panther Coloring Book

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 28 13:15:28 PDT 2010

At 01:03 PM 10/28/2010, Wojtek S wrote:

>So the following account is not true?
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party#Violence

I'm a big wiki fan but I suspect your knowledge of this history is pretty much summed up in the entry you've selectively quoted. Which is to say, it's very limited. Serious study of the Black Panthers has barely begun and Carroll's point is that for decades everyone has just been repeating cardboard media accounts from all sides.

And whatever the truth value of your quotes, there is nothing in them that supports reducing the movement to "armed insurrection" and less than zero to support a comparison with the Red Brigades