[lbo-talk] Black Panther Coloring Book

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Fri Oct 29 15:32:41 PDT 2010

.The Panthers were a continuation, NOTa rejection, of the Civil Rights Movement at which Chuck sneers. That sneer would have outraged the Panthers.

Other aspects of Chuck's post are more complicated, and I hope to return to them in another post.

Carrol

I agree they were a continuation, and I am sorry, if it sounded like a sneer. There was a strange kind of continum, or mood swing going on, and it still goes on with me.. I both reject and embrace violent means or reject and embrace peaceful means to political and economic change. I more or less figured these were not necessarily in opposition. Rather we probably need both to re-enforce each other.

These have different tactical uses. For example, a peaceful sit-in does a miracle job of illustrating the true source of violence are the cops and the state. On the other hand a scary violent riot reminds the cops and state, that social order and its power is in the hands of the people.

CG