[lbo-talk] Black Panther Coloring Book

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Oct 30 17:22:35 PDT 2010

Dennis P: " Fred Hampton called the Days of Rage Custeristic. Always loved that line."

I had forgotten that. Hampton was good at finding the precise description of something. I don't think the level of tension maintained in the '60s could have lasted much longer in any case, but the Weatherman idiots certainly didn't help any. The faction I joined (RYMII) was part of the sectarianism that tore things apart, but not as utterly apolitical as the Weatherman. Seale recently condemned the "new" Panthers for not organizing politically, and the same was true of the Weather people. They beat up some high-school student for failing their 60-second test (are you for or against imperialism: t0 seconds to decide). Not knowing that, sis of us including a woman from Chicago SDS leafleted that high school (or tried to), because the moment they heard the word SDS a fucking mob came down on us. Were parked about half a block away, up a one-way street. I got to the car and drove through the mob picking up our people. It was a bit scary!

Carrol