[lbo-talk] possible bumper sticker?

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 06:44:31 PDT 2010

I am a little out of my depth here, no student of neoclassical economics I... but _I_ thought stagflation was rooted more in "newfound" Euro and East-Asian competitiveness, domestic failures to upgrade capital stocks and that little thing called the OPEC oil shocks... far more that structural phenomena tied to parallels between micro and macro economics. 1) Were these part of the Chicago School "predictions" that Krugman's praising here or is his account just a tad too national/macro-micro, ahistorical and prepolitical? 2) If I'm right about the problems in his account of the Chicago School "predictions" would the same kinds of criticism apply to the "predictions" he and his cohort have made for the last decade or so?