[lbo-talk] tea party numbers

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Wed Sep 1 04:01:05 PDT 2010

I never said that. I wrote that the numbers and analysis of the Tea Party were wrong, and folks were still not taking the Tea Party mobilization seriously. It's not just the election.

-Chip

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Doug Henwood Sent: Wed 9/1/2010 12:20 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] tea party numbers

On Sep 1, 2010, at 12:07 AM, Chip Berlet wrote:

> Glib trivialization is beneath you.

Really, Chip. You think the Tea Party is responsible for the Reps 10-point lead in the generic Congressional ballot? Can't you admit that the Obama admin is widely perceived as a failure, for a broad variety of reasons? The health bill is deeply disliked. Obama is continuing two unpopular wars. He's devoted himself to pleasing Wall Street. But it's all the TP?