[lbo-talk] ciao, Dems

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 11:03:17 PDT 2010

On 9/2/2010 1:52 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

>> I think it would be better if Republicans won both the Senate and the House, rather than just the House.
> Better how? Funnier? (There will undoubtedly be some real doozies in a sweep.) Or more likely that the Dems would recover in 2012? Or some other way?

Well, practically speaking what's the difference? Nothing good will come out of Washington either way. At least if Republicans win both houses, (1) they're more likely to be seen as the incumbents along with Obama through the next years of grinding economic misery; (2) it might make it slightly harder for Obama to cut a deal with the Republicans to gut Social Security, because all the blame would fall to him alone for the "sell-out."

SA