[lbo-talk] ciao, Dems

Ricky Page rfpage2008 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 11:43:38 PDT 2010

This is because of the symbiotic relationship between both parties- they will join together if their power relationship in endangered, ie, if their monopoly of power is threatened.As during the "Cold"War.

________________________________ From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thu, September 2, 2010 2:16:12 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] ciao, Dems

SA wrote:

>  I think it would be better if Republicans won both the Senate and the
> House, rather than just the House.

I tend to agree, but I would be interested in your reasons.

Of course the subject line, "ciao, Dems," needs, for the sake of accuracy, to add something like "for the next few years." Over the last 50 years there have been several predicti9ons of the permanent disappearance of one or the other of the parties after some landslide election, but of course the loser always ended up the winner in 4 to12 years.