[lbo-talk] Michael Heinrich on Capitalism and the State

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 15:24:59 PDT 2010

Doug wrote:

> The idea would be to get them to act differently. It's not exactly news
> that the form of ownership is the only part of the battle.

Right, which is why it is not sufficient for the proposed official program of an ostensibly left party to include vague calls for nationalization under some unspecified "democratic control". Everybody's for "democratic control", even the CDU and FDP. I thought Heinrich's example of Roland Koch's influence-peddling with regard to ZDF was excellent in this regard.

There's a depressing tendency among leftists to project their own wishes into really vague and broad terms like "democracy" and just assume the rest of the population has the very same notions as to what words like that mean.