[lbo-talk] Newsweek Poll: 57 percent say government spending on jobs should be top priority

CGreen7223 at aol.com CGreen7223 at aol.com
Sat Sep 4 02:00:29 PDT 2010

57 percent say federal government spending to create jobs should be top priority, while 37 percent say deficit reduction should be top priority. And yet the top priority of the politicians is to slash medicare and social security. I thought I heard Evan Bayh say something on "Morning Joe" the other day about how the polls show that voters are really concerned about the deficit, that they are concerned about the spending Democrats have engaged in. Presumably "public opinion" for Bayh consists of Wall Street, the bond market, etc.

_http://nw-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf/1004-ftop.pdf_ (http://nw-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf/1004-ftop.pdf)

Chris Green