[lbo-talk] Meyerson: How Dismal Is Labor Day

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Sep 6 16:27:01 PDT 2010

Washington Post no less. I guess that's the good news.

j. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Pollak" <mpollak at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Monday, September 6, 2010 2:12:41 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Meyerson: How Dismal Is Labor Day

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/05/AR2010090502815.html

Monday, September 6, 2010; A15 Washington Post

Hard Times For Workers on Labor Day 2010 By Harold Meyerson

On Labor Day 2010, the state of America's workers is appalling.

Millions have lost their jobs. Millions have had their lives put on hold or thrown into reverse.

Granted, it's a global recession. The state of the world's workers -- at least in the advanced democracies -- should be equivalently appalling. But it's not. The Great Recession has taken a far greater toll on our nation's workers than on workers in similar countries, even those whose economies have dipped more steeply than ours.