[lbo-talk] Austerity In The Face Of Weakness

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Tue Sep 7 10:48:07 PDT 2010

On Tue, September 7, 2010 9:35 am, Ricky Page wrote:

> I believe the problem with the American Left has more to do with
> the sociology of the American Left - too many slumming intellectuals
> who don't know what American Working-class life is like

I know very well what working-class life is. I've worked my ass off my entire life and lived on an average of $10,000 a year for nearly 20 years now, including stints on Food Stamps. My friends and comrades are in the same boat.

The biggest problem the US faces is the legacy of its dying Empire, a monster which continues to waste trillions on failed wars and trillions on failed banksters while letting everything else go to hell. That's not the fault of US Leftists.

-- DRR