[lbo-talk] Austerity In The Face Of Weakness

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 12:23:00 PDT 2010

With all due respect, I do not think it's a pseudo explanation.

Or rather, I think Americans vastly underestimate the toxicity and effectiveness of the continual propaganda to which you are subject. Most people don't even recognize it as propaganda.

Does it explaine everything? Of course not. But it's huge.

Joanna

^^^^^ CB: In the novel _1984_, mind control was achieved by Big Brother watching you. In the actualization of _1984_ in the US mind control system , Big Brother has persuaded y'all to watch Big Brother , i.e. the electronic, hypnotizing Cyclops, television.

( By the way, in the actual year 1984, Reagan declared some new nuke missile a Peacekeeper, or something. That is, he basically said "War is peace" as in the novel.)