[lbo-talk] new blog post: a nation in decline?: part 3: an unhealthy nation

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Sep 13 10:49:48 PDT 2010

On Mon, September 13, 2010 10:26 am, Chuck Munson wrote:

> I'm always trying to get my brain around the fact that so many
> leftists and anti-capitalists out there spend so much time sitting on their
> hands. Is this because of "analysis paralysis"? Smugness that we have the
> right answers and believe that nothing can be done? Or are we like many of
> these people, simply struggling for survival.

Well, my friends and comrades all work way too hard, for miniscule pay, so I'm not sure what sample of Leftists you're describing here. But there's also a bastion of reaction called the US Empire, which is currently falling apart, but which still provides jobs, a sense of identity and mission, and psychological succor to millions of Americans. All too many Americans are in Russia's post-Soviet trap: still dreaming of an extinct Empire, while being plundered by oligarchs.

At least *their* Gorbachev had the sense to get the hell out of Afghanistan.

-- DRR