[lbo-talk] Paglia on Gaga

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 17:06:02 PDT 2010

"The digital age"? WTF is Paglia talking about? Gaga starting gigging in New York, got a record deal, worked as songwriter, put out a disc that her record company got behind, had a string of hits, became a smash on MTV and other television programs, and has been constantly touring since. Sounds like a fairly routine path to fame since, oh, I don't know, the 1950s. I think she sucks, but she hardly an apocalyptic figure who represents the "end" of anything.