[lbo-talk] Paglia on Gaga

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 10:08:13 PDT 2010

Doug

"Long ago, the Village Voice had a headline on a Roxy Music review: "Having fun with 'fun.'" I love Roxy Music and only sorta like Lady Gaga, but that's the spirit of it, no?"

Her voice isn't bad. But the derivative of the derivative personality is profoundly depressing.

And, God, is she ugly. I mean Janis Joplin was no beauty, but she was full of life and lust and unforgivable music. "Ball and Chain" still gives me goosebumps. Gaga is ugly from every possible direction.

Joanna