[lbo-talk] Jacobin magazine - issue one released

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Sep 16 20:03:07 PDT 2010

http://jacobinmag.com

Good stuff. I liked your article on the Zapatistas.

I continue to have problems with WBM's arguments about racism.

I note that the majority of those in prison are black and that the enfranchisement of the black male population is actually lower than one hundred years ago. If the prison-industrial complex in the U.S. is not the modern face of racism, I don't know what is.

I also have a problem with the assertion that neo-liberalism is not sexist. An economic system in which women have rights and employment only to the extent that they live like men is sexist, though in more complicated way than WBM is willing to entertain.

Yes, true, globalized management is increasingly brown but this has not served to dminish racism anywhere, including India.

Joanna