[lbo-talk] help? Soc of Work

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 08:15:01 PDT 2010

I am going to be teaching a Sociology of Work class next semester and Have found a solid, fairly comprehensive, moderately critical collection to use. The reader is almost exclusively focused on the US and I'd love to get suggestions/thoughts from LBOsters for comparative materials from the europe, asia and the global south... anything on enterprise zones? In many ways, I'd prefer sources from outside sociology and/or outside the academy (in both cases including fiction). Any and all thoughts are appreciated. If there's interest, I'll of course share the results. Thanks in advance. Alan

-- ********************************************************* Alan P. Rudy Dept. Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work Central Michigan University 124 Anspach Hall Mt Pleasant, MI 48858 517-881-6319