[lbo-talk] Gogol Bordello Immigraniada (We Comin' Rougher) - Gypsy Punk - fun with an open borders message

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 19:48:07 PDT 2010

OK really terrific Video and great song by Gogol Bordello http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKoQgODwveE

I love Gogol Bordello's whole Gypsy/Punk thing, and this is fun musically and incidentally strongly pushes for open borders.

For those who don't do on-line video, here a link to the lyrics

http://lyrics.wikia.com/Gogol_Bordello:We_Comin%E2%80%99_Rougher_%28Immigraniada%29 . Note: you can't appreciate this just from the lyrics. You can gets some of the political message. But there is no way the lyrics convey how much damn fun it is to hear Gogol Bordello sing and play this stuff. The lyrics alone provide little of the pleasure of this song. The music is integral, fundamental.

-- Facebook: Gar Lipow Twitter: GarLipow Grist Blog: http://www.grist.org/member/1598 Static Web Page: http://www.nohairshirts.com