[lbo-talk] Warren is in...

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Sep 18 11:46:34 PDT 2010

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010, Marv Gandall wrote:

> The pseudonymous Yves Smith of the widely read blog, naked capitalism,
> thinks she's being given the Volcker treatment.

That could be their intention and could be the result. But this could also go the other way. One huge difference between Warren and Volcker is that she has shown herself to be a veritable genius at the bully pulpit. We have to remember that her earlier role as TARP overseer was also a fob-off position. But she made something out of nothing through her constant and constantly great TV interviews. From an obscure post she became the most important left face of the adminstration, and its most popular figure. It's in large part due to her that we got this agency which many of us thought was DOA.

So it's quite possible she could do the same here, no matter what the administration intends. Time will tell.

Michael