[lbo-talk] Evaluating the Obama administration (Was: Warren is in...)

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 13:51:52 PDT 2010

Doug, then what's up with folks like Krugman w/r/t his post-War liberal critiques of Obama's capitulation, weakness, etc.? You, yourself (I think), have regularly noted that many liberals saw in and heard from Obama what they wanted to see rather than what he was and was saying.... Even more than that, while Marv lists liberals of notable stature, I'd say the rose-colored glasses were even more tinted w/r/t committed Democratis who see themselves as progressive liberals. Does this not describe San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, the Upper West Side, Newton, Mass, and just about every major university and small college town acriss the country? It sure describes East Lansing and Ann Arbor... These groups were Obama's base, though the election was pretty clearly won by the anti-Bush swing voters... and he's pretty clearly lost the latter and lost luster in they eyes of the former (even as just about everyone here knows they shouldn't have expected much of anything else.) A