[lbo-talk] European Welfare State

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Mon Sep 20 09:55:39 PDT 2010

Germany is up from 22.3% in 1990, mostly between 1990 and 1995. This is a huge increase, so again I am curious about what they do with the money. (The comparable OECD number for the U.S. is 15.9%.)

http://books.google.com/books?id=KCENB3qVpzgC&pg=PA222&lpg=PA222&dq=Germany+social+spending&source=bl&ots=bRxxTcFTa7&sig=OVJMnwOlkvQM2by8ktEZVF9TnxA&hl=en&ei=YJCXTOGbA4WdlgfgyrnSBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCYQ6AEwAzgK#v=onepage&q=Germany%20social%20spending&f=false

(page 223)