[lbo-talk] Evaluating the Obama administration (Was: Warren is in...)

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Sep 20 11:54:00 PDT 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 12:36 PM, Wojtek S wrote:

> Doug, do you really think that even if the labor movement did flex its
> muscle and somehow managed to force the suckass Democracts to
> implement a "public option" (let alone a single payer system) - that
> option would survive legal challenges in courts? I sincerely doubt.
> So why wasting time and money?

Why do you say that? The Medicare program is obviously constitutional and legally established, so why should amending the law that established it to permit voluntary enrollment at any age be subject to challenge?

Shane Mage

"All things are an equal exchange for fire and fire for all things, as goods are for gold and gold for goods."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr, 90