[lbo-talk] European Welfare State

Somebody Somebody philos_case at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 12:26:39 PDT 2010

Angelus: Sorry, but I agree with Jim Heartfield on American culture. And the daily newspaper Junge Welt, very communist and anti-imperialist, hardly can be accused of pro-Americanism, said very astutely with regard to American literature: "Germany does not have any Thomas Pynchons or Don DeLillos. At best, we have a few Nick Hornbys."

Somebody: You still haven't dealt with whether or not Germany is more social democratic than the United States. Notice you evade the economic question by shifting the discussion to the culture war, a tactic Americans are all too familiar with. Guess what? Nobody was talking about American literary culture, and you know it.

Stop evading Doug's question. For that matter, you never even responded to the condemnation on this list of your adolescent inclination for resorting to loud-mouthed verbal abuse whenever anyone dares to disagree with you.