[lbo-talk] European Welfare State

D D retrofabulousity at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 17:33:55 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am new to the list but a long-time lurker (10 years or so). My academic work is on precisely this topic. If anyone is interested I can expand on that.

I have lived at length in the US (I am American born) and in Europe (for about half of my life in 4 countries).

I am not sure exactly what is happening in this debate. Is someone seriously arguing that several European states don't have significantly better conditions as measured with quite a few different indicators and that life is not as a result on average significantly more agreeable for a higher percentage of the respective populations?

Thanks for the clarification...