[lbo-talk] European Welfare State

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 07:31:56 PDT 2010

Angelus Novus

> Oh that. They rebelled themselves right out of the category "radical
> leftist" smile.

In one post you're arguing for the primacy of national context in determining political orientation, in the next you're issuing judgments on who gets to get counted as a "radical left"?

^^^^^ CB: No aya contradiccion, no ? Radical lefts are proletarian internationalists (and subject to an international standard), who recognize the roles of the US and Israel in imperialism today. On the other hand, "Though not in substance, yet in form, the struggle of the proletariat with the bourgeoisie is at first a national struggle. The proletariat of each country must, of course, first of all settle matters with its own bourgeoisie. "

^^^^^^^

"We're U.S.-Americans, so we're concerned primarily with the U.S. ruling class and state...well, unless we're taking a break to dictate to German leftists what flags to fly on demos, lest we revoke their status!"

^^^^^^ CB: That's right. We're concerned primarily with the US ruling class and state , so we are concerned about anybody wavin' the flags of our Great Power Bourgeois Nations. Especially in another country. Our military might invade. Oh I forgot, we already occupy Germany.