[lbo-talk] Evaluating the Obama administration

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 09:16:01 PDT 2010

CB: "It would seem that a lot of his support was "thin". That's probably due to his skin."

[WS:] If it is skin, then how do you explain the fact that Fenty, a black man, won the support of the whites, but overwhelmingly lost among the blacks, which cost him the election?

In my view, it is the biblical "Jesus vs.Barabbas" phenomenon - a charismatic figure stirring up mob's expectations but not being able to deliver, and the mob turning in anger against him and going for a common thug.

(PS. I am not interested in pursuing this metaphor any further.)

Wojtek