[lbo-talk] Evaluating the Obama administration

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Sep 22 19:17:10 PDT 2010

On Sep 22, 2010, at 7:58 PM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:

> There's no evidence for that, and - given the subsequent relations
> between the Christian movement [founded by a Roman police agent] and
> the Roman authorities - it's highly unlikely.
> On 9/22/10 3:52 PM, Shane Mage wrote:
>> ...The historical fact is that "Jesus" and "Bar Abbas" were one and
>> the same person. Jesus, a notable rebel, had no legitimate father
>> to give him a patronymic and so called himself son of the father...

So "Jesus Son of the Father" and "Jesus Bar Abbas" don't refer to the same person? Perhaps I can convince you, and anyone reading this, by this simple exercise: (remembering always that Bar{son} and Abbas{father} are pronounced as two separate words, like you would pronounce Bar Kochba, Ben Gurion, or Bin Laden) read in a loud voice these two scriptural statements:

The Jews exclaimed "free Bar Abbas" The Jews exclaimed "free Barabbas"

So now you hear in your own voice how the Paulist Christians, by a trick of orthography, turned the Jewish demand that Jesus be freed into something that persuaded their dupes down the millennia that the Jews demanded His crucifixion!

And so created the blood libel of deicide, the emotional basis for the Holocaust and all the pogroms down the millennia that adumbrated it.

Shane Mage "Thunderbolt steers all things." Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64