[lbo-talk] Evaluating the Obama administration

Ricky Page rfpage2008 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 09:44:59 PDT 2010

Shane, I would argue that given the history of oral story telling in the Middle-East of that time- it would lead credance to the New Testament.

________________________________ From: Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wed, September 22, 2010 6:45:19 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Evaluating the Obama administration

On Sep 22, 2010, at 6:26 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
> \
> The debate about the historical Jesus seems settled but shows that it's hard
>enough to prove the "historical fact" that even he lived and breathed

The debate being settled means that the fact has been "proven" (established  by the standards of historical proof), however difficult or easy the proof may seem to you.

> , much less that a bit player in the story of the passion did also.

bit player? You obviously never were called a christkiller, nor, by treating Jesus Bar Abbas as a "bit player," do you seem troubled by the supposed presence of two notable rebels with the same name--a seemingly absurd account that served only to justify the blood libel against all Jews.

Shane Mage "Thunderbolt steers all things." Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64