[lbo-talk] Seymour Drescher and the Decline of the West Indian planters

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 24 20:23:24 PDT 2010

On 2010-09-24, at 10:55 AM, SA wrote:

> On 9/24/2010 8:33 PM, Marv Gandall wrote:

>>> Can you give some examples of people who made the former argument?
>

>> insiders like Alan Greenspan subsequently cited it as the reason for the invasion.
>

> Ah. Alan Greenspan. Thanks.
>
> SA

You like to snipe. You'll quote Greenspan and other high-level sources when it suits your purposes, dismiss them when it doesn't, and imply that I endorsed their thesis that the war was fought primarily for oil. Why not come out directly and say what's on your mind: that the Bush administration and its advisors would never have considered Iraq's oil resources and strategic location astride the energy-rich region as a factor in weighing the decision to invade and occupy the country.