[lbo-talk] Seymour Drescher and the Decline of the West Indian planters

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Sep 24 13:13:24 PDT 2010

The U.S. obviously did not invade Iraq "for oiol"; just as obviously to anyone who takes seriously the consistent u.s. foreign policy since 1945, the u.s. DID fight the war "for CONTROL of oil. The U.S. does not and never will "need" the oil of the Middle East for its own use, since its own oil comes from elsewhere.

This issue, as far as I personally am concerned, is one I am interested in debating only _within_ the Anti-War Movement, and I define that movement as consisting of and only of all those who are active members of some local anti-war group. For distinerested scholars I don't know where the interest lies.

Carrol