[lbo-talk] Citigroup feels violated

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Sep 24 16:00:22 PDT 2010

DRR writes:

>> I'm just saying (to DRR) there's nothing "creepy"
>> about how it got handled by your blog provider
>
> I'm not blaming the provider, I'm just saying the DMCA is horrible

Say what you will abotu DMCA (and I'm certainly no fan) but what Citibank complained about to Doug today is nothing new about DMCA: wholesale republishing of unreleased written material hasn't been legal for a very long time.

If Doug wants to fair-use a portion of it, he knows how to do that.

/jordan