[lbo-talk] Obama admin at war with FRSO

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 15:47:19 PDT 2010

To avoid confusion: FRSO in the upper Midwest is the Stalinist splinter that has a bit of a niche in the American left for their continued support for groups like FARC. I think they got in trouble for some fundraising they did on their behalf in the 80s and 90s (you'd think that they wouldn't need the help with all the narco-funds).

I'm pretty sure the Bush administration acted similarly with the intimation of RNC protesters in 2004 and various anarchist groups after that, it's a bi-partisan commitment, which makes it all the more silly for the "left" (and not just MHL, SPLC and The Nation) to cheer the use of state intimidation against far-right groups.