[lbo-talk] War for Oil (was Drescher, etc.)

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Sun Sep 26 02:40:05 PDT 2010

This is an (anti-)social theoretic trend that is very strong these days - everything happens because of 'oil', 'blood diamonds', 'fast food' or some other inanimate object, to which we are presumed slaves...

James, you deny the agency of fast food? My man you must come to the States and see us, ton of lard, complete idiots, no brain tissue, just fat. We look human, but we are not human. We are Fat. Fat is a state of Being that Heidegger didn't document. Fat-Dasein wasn't something that Heidegger expected. Burger King Dasein (have it your way) was not in the plan... Being unto Death was contemplating a Burger and Fries.

CG