[lbo-talk] WBAI Elections Recommendations

Mitchel Cohen mitchelcohen at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 27 22:25:33 PDT 2010

Hi,

Elections to the WBAI Local Station Board are almost closed. You have to now WALK IN YOUR BALLOT TO THE STATION ON THURSDAY, SEPT. 30th, to insure that it arrives on time.

If you are a member of WBAI but did not receive a ballot, please immediately contact BOTH of these people and request one: Nichole Justice-Hylton <les_wbai at pacifica.org> and Renee Asteria <nes at pacifica.org>

Below are my personal recommendations for which listener candidates to vote for and the sequence in which to vote for them. The sequence is very important, as these elections are conducted by Single Transfer Voting. Please vote for all 12 of the candidates I am recommending, in the order below, and do not vote for any other candidate until you have voted for all 12 of them. Thank you!

* Teresa Palmer

* Jennifer Jager (write-in her name and fill in the #2 box)

* Ken Laufer

* Seth Goldberg

* Andrea Katz

* James Ross

* Arun Aguilar

* Stephen Brown

* Jeff Peress

* Carolyn Birden

* David Combs

* Matthew Reiss

For more information, please go to http://TakeForwardWBAI.wordpress.com

Staff candidates I recommend -- rank them in any order, vote for all five, but please do not vote for any of the other candidates at all:

1) Max Schmid 2) Delphine Blue 3) R Paul Martin 4) Shawn Rhodes 5) Reggie Johnson

For articles on the current financial situation at WBAI and how to rectify it: https://takeforwardwbai.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/how-to-save-pacifica-act-now-or-lose-it-forever-2/ and http://takeforwardwbai.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/pledges-and-the-sustainability-of-wbai/

Thank you!

Mitchel Cohen