[lbo-talk] maps that show the racial breakdown of America’s biggest cities

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 07:33:21 PDT 2010

not saying this is BS - though it is the freep and their interpretations are often of dubious quality - what percentage of this, I wonder, is a statistical artifact of black outmigration relative to white in-migration the falling overall population of Detroit surely is a factor even if white 20-somethings and >50 yr olds are moving in... it'd, of course, also be interesting to know if that white in-migration clusters around Woodward or over by Grosse Pt, no? last, that "cool cities" reference couldn't be lamer... Granholm's been pushing that for 7 years and never once noted that the one correlate across all cool cities is an active, visible and accepted gay community (wonder why?)